Friday, February 12, 2010

Thinking about things

Well again, as is obvious profiles are not yet working as they should.

After a quick read over at WSGF I did indeed come to the conclusion that profiles that switch between eyefinity and non-eyefinity definitely do not work as of now. Well, I can live with that, painful as it may be.

I can even live with having to reload the same profile 3 times, before Catalyst correctly remembers the location of the monitors, when switching between two non-Eyefinity profiles.

What I still can't live with, is Catalyst changing my desktop when I turn one screen off.

E.g.: Yesterday night, I would have liked to watch a streaming video (NFL Network on NFL Gamepass HD) while going to sleep.
I would have preferred to watch it on my middle monitor, my Samsung 2493HM that is connected via DVI. I would have liked to turn off my other two screens though.
So I did.
And well, as soon as I turned my display port connected HP off, the image vanished from the other two screens too.

So where did it go? Well obviously to my HDMI-connected LG TV. While that in this instance is actually an okay outcome, it still goes to show the problem.

Suddenly and only by turning monitors off, I'm in 1 screen mode.

And as previous experience shows, had I changed the channel on the TV, it probably would have fucked up the desktop again.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment